{Letter #98} Blessed and Happy State!

 Hi everyone! I hope you all have had a great week! It's been an awesome week here. A lot of fun things going on! We had several exchanges, lots of meetings, cemetery grave digging  service, and King Benjamin's tower.

So this week was crazy for exchanges! There was an elder that had to go to the hospital unexpectedly (he is okay now). We got asked by President Botchway to go on exchanges pretty much immediately so everyone would be out serving where possible. It was actually really good! I got to go with Elder Kennelly again! I've been on 4 exchanges with him now, he is an awesome Elder! I also got to go with a new missionary, Elder Hunt. He is super cool and is waiting for a visa to go to Japan for the rest of his mission!

We had Mission Leadership Council, some community service coordination meetings, and meeting with local church leaders. It has been a crazy week, but seriously so good! A couple things that stuck out to me are the ways that we can work together to solve problems. Seeking to learn from God and from the people around us is one of the most effective ways we can overcome challenges in our own life!

We had a cemetery restoration service. It was cool! We got to level and repair some headstones. I did not think digging up people's headstones would be something that I would do on my mission!

Today we had King Benjamin's tower mission activity! Each zone created their own flags for the event and we  talked a lot about serving others and being the Savior's hands. It was really cool! I invite you all to read Mosiah 2-5 in The Book of Mormon. The prophet, and king, Benjamin teaches a lot about Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us! you will learn or feel something new!

This week our friend James is going to be baptized! He has shown forth so much faith since I have arrived! Prayers for him would be appreciated!

My spiritual thought for this week is a verse from what king Benjamin taught:

"I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it" (Mosiah 2:41).

As we follow Christ and keep His commandments we will be blessed in all things! we will have more lasting joy!

I love you all! I am praying for you! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Goold



Comments