{Letter #99} Canby Rocks

 Hi everyone! My time is extremely limited this week so sadly this email probably will not get the time it deserves. I hope you all have had a great week! It's been awesome here! Here's a summary: James got baptized, several zone councils/trainings, and Elder Cherry wrapping up his mission, and finally transfer news today!

First off, James got baptized! He is amazing! He has been meeting with the missionaries for almost 2 years straight now and is super committed to follow Christ! He is awesome!
James is on the left, Brother Basargin from the ward baptized him

We had zone council and also a training by Sister Botchway. Both we talked a lot about studies and how they are key to our conversion. In Doctrine & Covenants 11:20-21 the Lord says:

"Behold, this is your work, to keep my commandments, yea, with all your might, mind and strength. Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men"


Very true! Seek to obtain the word of God in our hearts! He will bless us!

Elder Cherry finishes his mission today. Things have been very busy with that. It's sad to see him leaving!

I also start my last transfer tomorrow, I'm going back close to my first area and training a new missionary and back on bike! It's going to be so awesome! Kinda a full circle moment.

My spiritual thought for this week is Hosea 6:6 which says:

"For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."


In the context of the law of Moses this is really cool to consider. Everything that we do as disciples of Christ and members of His church is to help us know Him! I invite you all to think of how the things you do help you know God!

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

You will feel His love and guidance more and more!

Love you all! Have a great week! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Love,
Elder Goold
 
 














 King Benjamin's Tower Mission Activity from last week


Comments