{Letter #104} Be A Humble Sponge

Hi everyone! I hope you all have had an awesome week! What was something good that has happened?

This week was great! We had some amazing lessons, exchanges, my last Mission Leadership Council (MLC) of the mission, and a training from Sister Botchway!
First of all, our lesson with the Montiels this week was amazing!
We went over the restoration with them! They were all feeling the Spirit confirm it to them! Sadly, I won't have the chance to meet with them again before I finish my mission in about a week. I think that they will soon accept a date to be baptized though! The Spirit does amazing things when people feel it, recognize it, and act on it!
We had some more exchanges--kinda the normal at this point. I was once again in my old area, and got to see some of the people I worked with and taught in the past. Always an awesome experience! Especially when they have grown in their faith in Christ since last time talking. Kinda an Alma 17:2-3 type of experience!

In this last MLC they talked a lot about obedience. Our mission presidency all got up to talk and something that really stuck with me was this principle:

It is easier to be 100% obedient than 99% or less.

When are completely obedient God promises us many things. Here are 2 specific verses that I like:

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it" (Mosiah, 2:41).

"There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated— And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated" (Doctrine & Covenants, 130:20-21).

Any blessing we see in our life come from living our covenants and doing what we can to follow Christ!

One of the counselors also talked about being a humble sponge. Soak up everything we can from everyone we meet! Soak up what we can from the Spirit and what He teaches you. Then act in faith on what you have learned trusting that God will guide you. It's a good pattern for life.
My spiritual thought for this week is pretty simple and it's about Christ's love for us.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John, 15:13).

"We love him, because he first loved us"
(1 John, 4:19).

"If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John, 14:15)

Jesus loves us and asks us to follow Him to show our love to Him! And we do He will bless us to feel more of His love each day!

Have a great week! I am praying for you all. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Love,
Elder Goold

Elder Duersch and me on exchanges


a pretty sunflower

A glimpse at our family phone call today:  (Me in Mount Hood, Cam, Lucie, and Oliver just back from a long walk in Alabama, Mom at home in Alpine, Spence at home, Ellie at home)


Comments