{Letter #103} Grace for Grace

Hi everyone! I hope you all have had a great week! What is something exciting that happened this week? This has been another remarkable one here in Gresham!

We had the temple, interviews with President Botchway, lots of exchanges, cool referrals, and even received a plant from a random man!

First off, we went to the temple today! The temple was closed for a while and it's been 4-5 months since I last went and I was missing it! If you haven't gone yet, or haven't gone recently, please go! It will help you feel more of God's peace in your life!
 Between some amazing teaching experiences we've had and  some cool referrals, this past week has been awesome! We had a few great first lessons with people who have committed to read the Book of Mormon and seem very interested in learning more! We also received a referral for a guy from Texas! He is up here in Oregon about 50% of the time and wanted a church to go to. We called him, gave him the address, and shared a little verse with him. Then this Sunday he actually came to church! That doesn't happen too often (not here anyways) with people who refer themselves. It was cool! He loved it and we loved it!

We got to go on some exchanges this past week also--both with Elders I have served around for at least 6 months now. It's been awesome to see how much they have grown in that time! Missions are awesome for growth and learning! It's a  great time to dedicate yourself to growing closer to Christ and helping others to do so as well!
On Saturday night we were biking to visit a friend of ours when a random guy shouted at us to stop from inside his garage. He was super nice, not too interested in talking more about the gospel though. He had been trying to sell a plant called "Love Lies Bleeding" all day and only had one customer. He wanted to give us one for free to thank us for what we were out doing. Kinda a funny interaction, but it's a pretty plant!

Lastly, we had interviews yesterday. This was my last one with President Botchway before I go home. It was really good! He gave a lot of great life advice on a lot of different topics, but mostly on how to remain a disciple of Jesus Christ when I get home from my mission!

For my spiritual thought for this week I wanted to share a couple verses that have been on my mind. In Luke 2:52 it teaches:

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man."

Then in Doctrine & Covenants 93:11-13

"I beheld his glory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.
And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;
And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness"


And lastly in Doctrine & Covenants 93:19

"For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace."

I love these sequence of verses! Jesus himself learned and grew. He did not start out as all that He was destined to become and in that same way, we too can and must grow!

As we are obedient and seek to follow Christ we can grow grace for grace just as He did!

I hope you all have a great week! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Love,
Elder Goold




A glimpse at our family phone call this week: (Dad, Mom, and Ellie at home, me in Mount Hood)   

Comments