{Letter #94} I Will Walk with Jesus

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great week! It has been busy busy here! We had transfers, interviews (3 days after transfers!), exchanges, and lots of fun lessons!

First off, transfers! Elder Cherry and I are both staying here in Canby! This is the first transfer of my whole mission that I haven't attended for some reason. It was nice not to have to worry about going to Beaverton! We just got to keep working in Canby!

Just yesterday we had interviews with President Botchway! That was far earlier in the transfer than normal. We got to talk a bit about what's happening with zone conference in a couple weeks. We also talked a lot about continuing to point others to Christ to change their nature. It was a cool topic of discussion!
In one of our lessons this week our friend Bailie decided on a date to be baptized! She has such an amazing testimony of the gospel already and is so prepared! She bore her testimony at church of how the gospel has changed her in the past year since she started coming to church.

The gospel truly changes lives! It is not meant to just make us happy for a little or be a once a week thing. As we truly look to Christ we will have lasting joy! We will become more Christlike!

My spiritual thought this week is from 1 Nephi 19:23. Nephi taught:

"And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning."

The scriptures are for us to learn about Christ! They will only truly bless our lives as we seek to apply them to our circumstances though! As we do it allows Christ into our life to change and lift us!

I would love to hear what things you have been applying from the scriptures recently!

I love you all! I hope you all are doing great! I am praying for you!

Love,
Elder Goold

P.S.
The new hymns came out. You should go listen to them. They're awesome.

Exchanges with Elder Willardson:

P-day fun.  We played ultimate frisbee:







A glimpse at our family phone call today:  (Ellie in Rexburg, Mom at home, Me in Canby, Garrett and Cami in the car on the way home from Chicago, Spence on his way home from the gym)

Comments