{letter #88} A Baptism and Some Nature!

Hi everyone! How were all of your weeks? What was a highlight? This week has been insane! Mary got baptized!!, transfers, drove to the airport, musical devotional, Mission Leadership Council (MLC), and we went on a hike today!

First thing that happened was transfers! I stayed in Canby and got a new companion Elder Cherry! He goes home even sooner than I do, so this will be a fun next transfer!

The day following transfers we drove Elder Owens to the airport to depart to his original assignment. I didn't think I'd be back to the airport before I was completing my mission, so it was a little weird.

Immediately following that we went to the church for Mary's baptism! The baptism was awesome! Not a ton of people were there, but Mary loved it and was super excited to have the Spirit with her more!  I was also happy that Jim (someone I taught in Tualatin) was baptized this past week as well! 

Sunday we had an awesome musical devotional all about Jesus! Music is a way that invites the Spirit to communicate with us strongly. It's also a way to drive away the Spirit very fast. Listen to uplifting music! It will bless your life!

MLC was Monday. They talked a bunch about integrity. It was also held outdoors. That was fun! Switched things up a bit! Elder Bangerter's talk from general conference was brought up and kept coming to my mind. It's awesome. Go listen to it! You will learn something new!

Lastly, we went to Columbia Gorge as a zone today! That was awesome! We had an almost 5 mile hike and saw lots of pretty views! I have missed being in nature. It is amazing what God has created!


For my spiritual thought this week I wanted to share something Moroni (and lots of other prophets) wrote:

"God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing"

God does not change! He loves us. He performs miracles. He protects us. He guides us. And the list could go on forever! He will always do these things! I invite you to look for what God does in your life! You will see His hand!

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! I am praying for you!

Love,
Elder Goold

Here are a bunch more pics from the hike:  

















A glimpse at our family phone call this week:   Me in Canby, Mom and Lucie at home in Alpine, Ellie in Idaho, Emma driving to Alpine, Dad in Saint George.   Cami and Spence were at the gym. 




 

Comments